Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Shepherd

This episode details the backstory of Prince Charming, revealing that he's actually a shepherd boy and a twin, masquerading as the real Prince James after he was killed, being similar to Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper. I also liked seeing it connect into 1x03 and showing why Abigail and 'James' were engaged despite not loving each other. I didn't really like the Storybrooke scenes with Mary Margaret and David because I thought they were both selfish and actually pathetic. I know we're supposed to root for them because they're Snow White and Prince Charming, but for David to decide from being with Mary Margaret to Kathryn was just a dick move and I don't like him! Actually, I liked that David in season 2 made fun of him in 2x02 by saying he was weak and hurt the woman he loved because I do not like him in this season at all! And Mary Margaret willing to have an affair with a married man despite him initiating it was annoying as well as selfish, and I hate how repetitive this plot gets during the season and how they constantly say the whole 'we want to be together but something is keeping us apart' bullshit. I actually feel sorry for Kathryn because all she wants is her marriage to work with him! And Regina was just stupid intervening just because she wanted things her way! Sorry, rant over, I needed to get that off my chest because while season 1 is amazing, that plot was just annoying! Still, I loved the flashbacks and they were interesting and sweet, but the Storybrooke scenes really didn't gain my interest!

Click to view full size image
Aww, cute welcome home party for David!
Click to view full size image
Is it me or is David a dick?
Click to view full size image
Hey, it's Bradford from Ugly Betty!
Click to view full size image
So now they've introduced Greek mythology...interesting!
Click to view full size image
Why would you need a gold sword? GOLD BENDS!
Click to view full size image
OK, next time check to see if they're actually dead, you prick! Doesn't seem so charming!
Click to view full size image
Nice hair!
Click to view full size image
Haha! Love how over the top Rumple is!
Click to view full size image
Wait, why didn't they say his name was David Nolan?
Click to view full size image
OK, I kind of agree with Regina that Mary Margaret should stay away, but it's not her right to intervene with Kathryn and David's marriage!
Click to view full size image
I have to admit, I thought this scene was pretty cool!
Click to view full size image
Oh, so this is why they're engaged!
Click to view full size image
Odd meeting place! And don't get your hopes up Mary Margaret, it's not right to be with a married man!
Click to view full size image
How convenient that Regina pointed him to Gold's shop!
Click to view full size image
I have to admit, this scene made me cry!
Click to view full size image
What an asshole David!
Click to view full size image
Poor Emma!
Click to view full size image
Wow! David & Kathryn's house looks cute! It even has them signs families would have on the fence!
Click to view full size image
Nice connecting into 1x03!
Click to view full size image
Wait, so she's now dating Dr Whale?

No comments:

Post a Comment