Friday 8 November 2013

Ariel

Ever since the beginning of the show, I've always wanted Ariel to appear! Now that we're onto the 50th episode and the third season, I have to say this is possibly one of my favourite episodes so far! Not just a faourite season 3 episode, oh no, but one of my favourite OUAT episodes in general! After a disappointing season 2, this episode finally makes it feel like a fairytale with some twists and I love them. JoAnna Garcia was amazing as Ariel (who has an amazing body, by the way) conveying the sweetness and curiosity Ariel had in the movie, but making her less selfish (that was a problem I had with Disney's Ariel, but then again, she's 16!) Lana was amazing as Ursula, and I know people argue she was over the top, but hey, so was Disney's Ursula thanks to Pat Carroll! The visuals were amazing, really reminding me of the Disney film, and I loved Snow and Ariel's friendship! The only issue I have is the romance between Ariel and Eric, I felt like it was too rushed and they didn't really have anything in common other than wanting to travel, and they didn't really have a lot of chemistry.
As for the Neverland scenes, I like that Regina just wanted to get on with saving Henry and we finally got to see what the vision Belle really was (by the way, loved the talk of Rumbelle babies!!!) and that her and Rumple are teaming up albeit begrudgedly! As for the rest, I like that everyone revealed their secrets which led to many emotional moments, including Hook revealing his love for Emma and Mary Margaret revealing she wants another baby, which I can understand because she never got to be a real parent to Emma. By the way, nice that Yvette Nicole brown returned as Ursula, I guess she couldn't walk away from the awesomeness of the show after her hilarious appearance in Good Morning Storybrooke!

Click to view full size image
So there are hairstylists in Neverland...
Love the reference to the statue in Denmark!
Click to view full size image
Love the tail!
Click to view full size image
Love how pretty Snow looks in her bandit outfit!
Click to view full size image
'she looks fertile, maybe another child!' how nice Pan calling the true love of of your enemy fertile & convincing him to replace the son he's looked for for hundreds of years with another child!Click to view full size image
But judging Gold's face, maybe he does want a child with Belle, but wouldn't want to abandon Neal again!
Click to view full size image
Love the dress!
Click to view full size image
N'aww, 'a mini trident', so cute! Sad she didn't say dinglehopper, but still very cute!Click to view full size image
Sorry, can't help but just admire how pretty she looks!
Click to view full size image
Aww, poor Gold, he really wants to believe it's Belle! I don't get why cos she'd never say anything like that!
Click to view full size image
I never thought I'd say this, but thank you Regina!
Click to view full size image
'Hellooo Ariel' Lana couldn't have said that line more perfectly!Click to view full size image
Snow actually looks good as a mermaid!
Click to view full size image
Even the castle reminds me of the Disney film!
DINGLEHOPPER STAB!
Click to view full size image
Aww, all the Swanfire feels!
Click to view full size image
Now I feel bad for Hook, but I still prefer Swanfire!
Click to view full size image
Poor Ariel! :(
Click to view full size image
Ooh, Ursula's not happy...
Click to view full size image
Haha! Still love Regina's snarks!
Click to view full size image
Nice to see Ariel in Neverland!
Click to view full size image
YAY! BACK TO STORYBROOKE NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment